3 Simple Ways to Cook Eggplant
Let's be honest. Eggplant is beautiful. But not the most popular of summer vegetables.
I say that's mostly because it's not a staple veggie in our American diet. In fact, it's pretty low on the list. And maybe it's because we don't really know how to cook and serve it?
Well, I have 3 simple and tasty recipes that will help you add more eggplant to your diet!
Roasted Eggplant Slices
Slice the eggplant. cut them into 1/2 inch (or so) slices.
Arrange eggplant on a baking sheet Once you’ve laid out the slices in a single layer, drizzle them with olive oil and season them with sea salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Flip over the slices and repeat the oil and seasonings.
Roast the eggplant. cook them at 400 degrees until they are soft and golden, and starting to caramelize a bit. It will take about 30-35 minutes.
Loaded Baked Eggplant
- shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions
- Slice the eggplant into rounds.
- Spray both sides of the rounds with oil, sprinkle with garlic salt, then place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the top becomes golden brown, then distribute toppings.
- Bake a little more until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped scallions and serve!
Baked Eggplant Fries
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the eggplant slices into even-sized “fries.”
- Roll the eggplant fries into the flour. Next, dip them in the eggs, then coat them with a mixture of the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Prepare a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Now arrange the eggplant fries on top of the wire rack. Spray the eggplant fries with a little olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated 425 degrees F oven for 10 minutes or until the eggplant fries are golden and crisp.
- Serve the eggplant fries hot or warm with a side of marinara. Enjoy!
Hopefully you have some delicious and simple ideas for preparing eggplant! Let me know if you try any and how they turn out!
Rare Breed Farms